Getting Out And Active
The weather this time of the year in North Queensland is reason enough to getting outside and active! In addition to the specific health benefits, getting out and active is a great way of connecting with our communities and exploring new activities and places.
Try something new
Getting outside and trying a new activity is a great way to discover a new activity, try a new sport or learn a skill. Local tennis and basketball courts, pools and swimming enclosures, outdoor exercise stations- ensure there’s always something new to try. But don’t take our word for it, let’s hear what others have to say:
- Queensland Health- 30 fun ways to get 30 minutes of physical activity
- Health and Wellbeing Queensland- Boost your activity
- Queensland Sport and Recreation- Join a sport or recreation club
Explore somewhere new
Breaking out from the usual area is a great way to explore your region and have some fun. Here are a few resources to help you explore:
- Find a new Bike Path
- Discover a new Walking Track
- Contact your Local Council to find a local park, pool or outdoor gym
- Travel to a new Park or Forest
As with all our recommendations at Move It NQ, ensuring you are enjoying keeping active is key! Make sure to keep connected along your journey. Use #moveitnq to share your activities to inspire out active community.
NQSF Program Coordinator