Fifteen FREE Ways to Keep Active this Summer.
It’s the perfect time of the year to try something new. Whether you want get a kickstart on some New Year’s goals, help coping with the warm weather, or just need some inspiration we have put together a list of 15 free ways to keep you motivated in North Queensland this summer. How many do you think you will be able to tick off before the year wraps up? (Try 2 a week to tick them all off by 2021).
Make sure to let us know how many you are ticking off using #moveitnq !
We’re of course a bit biased when it comes to #1, but how can you not love FREE active classes in your region!
- Move It with a Move It NQ program near you!
- Find an outdoor gym near you
- Join in a Parkrun, returning back to QLD 28 November
- Plot a new route for a bike, run or walk
- Join a Heart Foundation walking group
- Find a patrolled beach to try an ocean swim
- Run your first 5k, with the Couch to 5k program
- Keep cool by doing a home workout under the aircon
- Walk, walk and walk some more
- Do pool exercises at a free lagoon or pool (or a friend with a pool)
- Join a Strava challenge or virtual race
- Explore a bushwalking track near you
- Get festive and make your own exercise advent calendar
- Let out your creative side and create map art on your walk or run
- Join the 10,000 Steps challenge (and try get your friends, family or work to join)
And to help you survive those warmer days, we have put together a helpful guide on exercising in the heat. Remember to stay sun safe, hydrated and happy!
NQSF Program Coordinator